As of October, 2019 NZ Government has implemented a ‘Visitor Conservation and Tourism Levy’ (IVL) and ‘Electronic Travel Authority’ (NZeTA) for visitors travelling to New Zealand. The following link includes all necessary information: https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-zealand-visas/apply-for-a-visa/about-visa/nzeta
We have found that the easiest method to process your eTA is by leveraging the mobile app:
1) On your mobile phone go to the Google/ Apple App Store
2) Search “Nzeta”
3) Have your passport available- you will use the app to take a picture your passport
- - - Additional Information - - -
· From 1 October 2019, all visa-waiver travelers to New Zealand must hold an Electronic Travel Authority (NZeTA). This is a new border security and facilitation measure.
· The NZeTA can also be obtained online by filling in a web form: https://nzeta.immigration.govt.nz/
· The NZeTA must be obtained before travel & processing time can take a few minutes up to 72 hours
· The cost for an NZeTA is either NZ$12.00 pp if applying via the web, or NZ$9.00 pp if applying via the mobile app
· A list of visa waiver countries for New Zealand entry can be found here (USA is on this list)
· Visitors from non-visa waiver countries will go through normal Immigration New Zealand visa application process.
· In addition to the NZeTA, a new International Visitor Conservation and Tourism Levy (IVL) has been introduced. The NZ$35.00 fee is payable by most visitors to New Zealand (exceptions include visitors on Australian, New Zealand and some Pacific Island passports)
· The IVL is obtained and paid for through the same web form or mobile app as the NZeTA.
· The IVL is each visitor’s contribution to maintaining the facilities and natural environment used and enjoyed during their stay. The fee has been introduced following the strong visitor growth over the past few years, which is expected to continue.
- - The NZ eTA is the responsibility of the individual traveler - -
Contact us to plan and book your NZ fly fishing adventure.